Programme (ACE 2013, August 28-30)
The technical programme is available now. Please note that the links to the papers will not work. These will be available at the event.
REGISTRATION DESKThis will not open until the Wednesday morning and will be in the Portobello Centre on Mappin Street. if you are arriving on the Tuesday and wish to meet up with other delegates, please come to the walking tour described below.
EDCOMA meeting is scheduled, with dinner, for 8pm on the Wednesday evening at the 'Three Merry Lads' pub. Directions will be available on arrival.
- We are organising some walking tours of the Sheffield centre on the evenings of August 27th and 28th so delegates can experience some local history before going off to dinner together. This will begin at 18.30 on Tuesday the 27th with a meeting point in front of the cathedral; this is well marked on the city centre maps and next to a tram stop. KEEP Anthony informed if you are coming so he knows to look out for you.
- Hallam Football Club (the 2nd oldest club in the world) are allowing us a brief visit early evening on August 28th. Please let Anthony know if you are interested in this so he can make arrangements.
- The conference dinner on August 29th is being planned at Kelham Island Musuem as this celebrates Sheffield's historical involvement in the industrial revolution. It is also only a short walk from the centre and most hotels.
- Based on the number of advance requests, we will arrange some group visits to Chatsworth house.
Outline Technical Programme
- Registration opens at 08.30am on Wednesday 28th in Portobello Building.
- Conference begins at 9.00am on Wednesday 28th (next door in Henry Stephenson Building).
- First plenary begins at 9.30am on Wednesday 28th.
- 1st day finishes at 18.00.
- 2nd day begins at 09.00 with a plenary.
- 2nd day finishes at 18.00
- 3rd day begins at 09.00 with parallel sessions.
- Closing ceremony begins at 15.30 on Friday 30th.